Travelling by Plane
- London Heathrow; the Oxford Bus Company Airline service coach goes directly from here to Oxford
- London Gatwick; the Oxford Bus Company Airline service coach goes directly from here to Oxford
- London Stansted; there are infrequent direct coaches or more frequent links via a coach to Heathrow or London
- Luton; you may need to take a coach to Heathrow or London to join one of the other services
- Birmingham International Airport; there are frequent trains from here to Oxford (see Rail Timetable Information)
Oxford is served by 2 rail stations with regular timetables Monday-Sunday. Situated on Park End Street, Oxford Rail Station is approximately half a mile west of the city centre with frequent (approx. every 30 mins) direct trains from/into London Paddington and from and from Birmingham New Street via Banbury and Coventry. Oxford Parkway railway station is located further out of the city centre, at Water Eaton and is served every half-hour by trains into / from London Marylebone
See Rail Timetable Information for details of trains to Oxford and to purchase train tickets.For Train and Coach Information, please visit the Trainline website
Public Transport & Taxi
- From London, take the Oxford Bus Company X90 service or the Oxford Tube coach to Oxford.
- See the National Express website for details of coaches from other major cities.
- Tickets can usually be purchased on the linked travel company websites.
Local Bus Timetables
Local Taxi Firms
Road / Car
The M40, M4 and A34 provide easy access by car from London, leaving the M40 at Junction 8. The M40 links Birmingham to Oxford from the north, leaving at Junction 9.
There are no parking facilities at the Mathematical Institute so most day visitors use the Park and Ride service. All five Park and Ride sites are clearly signposted from the Oxford Ring Road. Parking at the Mathematical Institute is very limited and we advise using these Park & Ride services, parking at Pear Tree and taking the #300 bus which stops opposite the entrance to the Mathematical Institute on Woodstock Road.